The Kickstarter Campaign
You may have noticed already, that Nathan McCree’s Kickstarter campaign to re-record extended versions of his original Tomb Raider music with a live orchestra at Abbey Road Studios in London, has not only reached its goal but “knocked it out of the park”.
Originally, the cost target was set at £ 160.000. This amount was reached on Friday already. But the incredible, passionate Tomb Raider fans didn’t stop there, rather quite the opposite – on Sunday, June 25th at 0:00 GMT, when the campaign ended, it had reached a final amount of £ 194.120 by 2.615 backers!
This means a funding of 121%! What a success!
The Next Steps
But what will happen with the extra money? Nathan and his team plan to put the additional funding back into the project. There are a number of things they would like to do:
- Increase the size of the Choir for the recording at Abbey Road
- Increase the size of the Brass Section for the recording at Abbey Road
- Increase the size of the Woodwind Section for the recording at Abbey Road
- Record and release the synthesizer only version of The Tomb Raider Suite
- Remaster and release the original, unchanged game soundtracks for Tomb Raider I, II and III
- Film and release a TV / DVD documentary about the making of The Tomb Raider Suite
One of the most important next steps for Nathan and his team will be Abbey Road and the recording of The Tomb Raider Suite!
Thank You, Raiders!
Nathan has been waiting for over 20 years to make his dream come true and being able to make this album a reality. Nothing of this would have been possible without YOUR, the fans, kind and generous support and help, that’s for sure!
THANK YOU, Raiders! So many of you contributed to something so amazing, and it personally makes me very proud to be part of such a selfless and noble community!
Release Date & Website
The Tomb Raider Suite is coming fall 2017 on vinyl, CD, digital download and streaming services. Make sure to keep a close eye on the official TRS website! We will also keep you updated on ROTTR Web’s social channels.
The Tomb Raider Suite Website:
Nathan McCree on Facebook: